Thursday, June 16, 2005

Texas Rarities...

I've been thinking lately about what makes Texas and Texans so different from other states and their inhabitants. Everyone I've ever met from another part of this great country says that Texans have a certain way about them, a bravado. Although I agree with this assessment of our character, I think it's the oddness of this Great State of Texas that keeps other states guessing. So for as long as I can come up with them, which is likely to be a long while, I am offering y'all installments of Texas Rarities: A Collection of Facts, Oddities, and Actual Laws...

  • The Amarillo airport has the 3rd largest runway in the world and is designated as an alternate landing site for the space shuttle.
  • In Texas, pharmacists can't be registered members of the Communist Party.
  • A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

No comments: