Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Real Goings-on

I know it's been a really long time since I've posted anything, much less anything of substance. So here's what's going on with me. Some of you know that Alan (my husband) and I are in the process of getting divorced. If you didn't know, Alan and I are getting divorced...it ended in October...yes, I'm ok...no, I really don't want to talk about it. Ok, now that's out of the way, what else has been happening in my exciting life. Jason (my brother) was here this week and it was really great to see and hang out with him. He and Jessie are getting married this weekend but due to the inclement weather, we aren't sure if we'll be able to make it to freaking Idaho. Who in their right mind gets married in Idaho in December anyway? So, depending on what happens with the rain, sleet, ice, snow event we are supposed to be experiencing tomorrow, we may or may not go to his wedding. I have to admit that I was really looking forward to meeting my new sister-in-law and seeing my little brother again, but the thought of seeing my father was freaking me out a little since I haven't seen him in so long I can't remember when. Not that that means a whole hell of a lot since I can't remember how long the chipped, red polish has been on my toes, but I do know that I had my pedicure at some point this summer and I haven't seen my father in at least a couple of years. Apologies to all those Table & Fire folks who might be reading this...but I guess if you were able to get past the divorce part, you probably aren't too shocked. Speaking of T&F, there's something that I've wanted to get off my chest about an old post about drinking in public and being a Christian or a minister. Someone on there posted something about how it's not a good thing and how a pastor should be held to a higher standard and that if they were to see one of our pastors at a bar they would be offended (paraphrased). My question is...if drinking bothers a person that much, why would they be in a bar in the first place? I mean if I'm down on Greenville Avenue, upstairs at the Cavern on Sunday night after bible study, drinking a Boddington's and someone from church walks in and is appalled that I'm sitting at the bar knocking one back, why are they there in the first place? I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone from IBC decided to go out for a beer or just to hear the awesome musical stylings of Ricki Derek (he sounds exactly like Sinatra). Anyway, I just had to get that out and since T&F is down, I thought I'd shoot my mouth off here on my blog. So there, nah! By the way, I'm totally aware of the fact that part of my drinking tirade sounded like an old joke. So a pastor, a rabbi and a priest walk into a bar...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! That's right, get it ALL off your chest! That's what these wonderful little blogs are for, don't you love it!

Ok, enough with the exclamation marks.

My cousin got married in Nebraska last weekend DURING a BLIZZARD, so my husband and I were unable to go as well. I thought the same thing you did...the kid grew up in Nebraska, still lives there, he KNOWS it snows from Thanksgiving to Easter...why have your wedding in December?? But he did, and we missed it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures from grandma when we eventually do get up there.

And the whole drinking thing, I'm sure most of the T&F ers who have ventured out into this world of bloggdom would agree with you. In fact, I believe Russ took some of them on a field trip to do just that, knock back guiness or something like that...LOL

Keep posting, your fun to read. (no exclamation point, no exclamation point...)

Anonymous said...

Amber...

I'm trying to keep it all in check as much as possible. But it's hard not to get fired up on my own blog. As far as Idaho, Nebraska and December go, I'll never understand some people's fascination with snow and other's tolerance of it. I don't particularly like it. It's nice to look at from the living room by the fire, but I don't want to go frolic in the white stuff. Anyway, thanks for reading, especially after the first couple sentences, I was really afraid that might run some people off. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I love to read random rantings...it's the deep theological discussions that tend to turn my brain off...If I don't understand the vocab and I left my dictionary in the other room, then it's pointless to read.

But since you write the way I think, and often times write, I find it very enjoyable. Sometimes I'll just sit and start typing all the things I'm thinking...sometimes I push publish, sometimes I don't but we all need an outlet and this is the perfect place for that.

This way, if someone doesn't want to listen, they don't have to, but on the world wide web you're bound to find a bosom buddy of some sorts.

Oh, and I like the snow, but if you check out my blog and my fives list you'll see that one of the things I cannot do is drive on ice...hence the reason we missed the wedding. (not to mention the 16 hour drive)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you appreciate my humor and my rantings. I have lots of that kind of stuff in me, it's just getting it posted without all the @#%$&*!# that Bill is famous for. Most of what I post has been edited because unfortunately I type like I think which is full of expletives. I have thought about just typing exactly what I'm thinking and then changing all the dirty stuff to [expeltive deleted] like they do in newspapers and stuff, but I'm afraid no one would be able to understand it because it would be so full of holes. I loved your lists, I'm thinking about addind some new categories to mine as I think them up.

Anonymous said...

No need to appologize to us T&F folks, Angie... unless you bulls**t us... that would be unacceptable... keep it real and we'll be cool! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Russ...I appreciate that. I'm so real it's frightening, especially in the morning before my coffee. That's it! Sorry I had a light bulb moment. *bling* Five Things I'm Addicted To...coming soon to a blog near you. ;)

Anonymous said...

5 things I'm addicted to? Now THAT could be scary! LOL

How about 5 things I like to keep real? Or we could use Russ' word and say 5 things I'm most likely to bulls**t about...or to?? Hmm, who do I bulls**t to??

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just discovered who the Yellow Woes is...are?...is. Thought I'd jump in here with the T&F talk, since that's what got me here. Cool. I'll be clicking around aimlessly in your blog for awhile, I bet, but wanted to say Hey! here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,

Aha. I found the post my mom was talking about. She had said that I was supposed to let you know she appreciated your humor. Apparently she didn't want to sign up on blogspot or something and post it herself...

Anyways, mom said she liked your comment on the beers, and since I am always requested by my mom to bring any Shiner I haven't managed to drink back to Georgia, that should let you know where we stand on the issue. Although she does like the Hefeweizen. Not my favorite.

In any event, I'm on vacation this week so I'm catching up on fellow T&F / IBCer blogs including all the old news that I was unaware of until ... just now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate! Thanks for reading the old blog...I'm glad your mom likes it too. I'm actually glad to hear that my mom isn't the only mother that likes it. LOL! Anywho, keep reading...I promise new stuff soon.

~A.

Anonymous said...

You see,...

Anonymous said...

I can't tip because I didn't like
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online smh