Monday, December 12, 2005

Warm Hearts and Freezing Temperatures: A Wedding in Idaho

I'm baaaaack!! I got home yesterday from my brother's wedding in the frozen tundra of Idaho. It took 12 hours, but I have thawed out now. I'm so glad to be back home and to see that it's in the 60s here, when I left it was 10 degrees at 5:30 in the morning. Needless to say I was not a happy camper Friday morning when I left Texas, but I was even more unhappy when I landed in Pocatello, Idaho, and it was 1 degree. That's not a typo, it was really 1 degree at noon!! I'm not really sure why anyone would put up with that, but apparently a lot of people do. So the wedding went off without a hitch...correction--the wedding went off with a hitch! Jason and Jessie got married and it was beautiful. Her folks are the greatest people I've met in a long time. It's really cool when you meet one person and think, "Wow, they're great, they can't all be this great." Then you stand corrected, again and again. Jessie is a wonderful woman, I'm so lucky to have such a cool sister-in-law. Then I met her parents and realized where she gets it, they are such loving and accepting people. Then I met her sisters and grandparents and nieces and nephews, I'm telling you guys that the whole dadgum family is wonderful and sweet. I'm amazed. It was fantastic to travel from a warm climate to such a bitterly cold place, only to get around a family that was so loving, they just warmed us up inside and out. It made me aspire to be such a loving person, to be less judgmental. For a family of potato farmers from the country to accept a nose-pierced, tattooed city girl from Texas is inspiring. I love them. My brother is the luckiest man on Earth. Here are some pictures from the big day...






And one of the Best Man, Isaac Brewer, with the groom's sister...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe...I love weddings...:-)

Anonymous said...

Aren't they a gorgeous couple? Jason and Jessie, not me and the best man, I'm not interested. *grin* Just thought I should clarify. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I just realized that I have revealed myself to the whole Table and Fire gang. My identity has been disclosed, you all know what I look like now. I already miss my anonymity...

Anonymous said...

It always happens, eventually! Welcome to the group, Angie!

Anonymous said...

Now you can come to the next gathering and we'll recognize you from the start! yay!! I posted my picture, Russ did his at one point, Bill has his...Q has his but he doesn't have a head and Barry posted his.

It's the cool thing to do. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks hcreek7 (just out of curiosity, who are you? I'm not familiar with your handle) and Amber. I hope that you guys have one of those infamous gatherings soon. I can't wait to meet you all.

Anonymous said...

It's a little difficult to meet around this time of year. I already tried to get them together to go caroling and that was booed to the ground... :-(

Although...I DO think we should have a Christmas party. Would anyone come?

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a Christmas party, but we are busy cleaning and decorating for all the family coming in for the holidays. This time of year is really busy, maybe we chould have a Post-Christmas Party...

Anonymous said...

Since I only post occasionally, it is easy to not know who I am in the real world. I am Russ' wife, Amanda, whom Russ mentions in his posts sometimes.

FYI, some of the T&F locals will probably be at the Mo this Friday night. The Vox Human choir is leading some Christmas carols at 7pm in our church's coffeehouse, and a few of us are in the choir. You are welcome to come enjoy and maybe we can meet you in person. : )

Anonymous said...

Ooh yea...thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot... :-(

You're right though, I think a majority of the T&F people are in the choir. (which is why caroling would have been so much fun but that's ok) :-)

Plus, I believe they will be watching Miracle on 34th St. at the Mo as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey-
I'm so glad you posted pictures! I was just going to email you to see how it went. Jason- married! I guess we all grow up. He seems like my "little" cousin, just like Matt seems like my "little" brother. And I still think I'm 22. Thanks for the pics!

-Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures and giving yourself up! Hope you had a good Christmas as well.

We should have a T&F unveiling at some place that has a cool large flat-screen monitor...and refreshments! ;)

Anonymous said...

Best man is hot. Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

LOL! The best man is cute, but a friend and my brother's best friend. Since high school, I have always made a point of not dating my brother's friends, they are too much like him and I'm not into a clash of personalities. Who are you, Mini??

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm a friend of the best man. I came across you site (which is great by the way) When I decided to "Google" him. Just my way of freaking him out. It worked. He couldn't figure out how I knew all this detail about him and his friends. He came to the conclusion that you and I were friends and that I was getting the information from you. Which, in a way, I was. I've known him fo about 3 and a half years. He is a Heart!

Anonymous said...

Right on, Mini!! I love that you were able to get Isaac's goat! He's a wonderful guy, alot like my little brother, he'd give his right arm to help his friends out which is totally cool. I guess I should let him know that he is on the blog...ok maybe not, let's keep him guessing for a little while longer. *evil grin*