Friday, February 17, 2006

My Exciting Life

I hate that you guys look at this page occasionally and never see anything new. I feel for you, really I do. No, REALLY! Scout's honor. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I'm busy with my very uninteresting life. For instance, this week I finished up some labs for college Biology and faxed them to my professor, I took my first test for that class and made a 90 (yea me), took some soup to a sick friend, got sick because of it, got better, picked up my "nephew" (Phoenix is his name) from preschool, read some Twain and some Hemingway, made dinner several times *grin*, went out with some friends for drinks and to see a band, worked on some artwork for several t-shirt designs, watched Olympic hockey with my grandma, oh yeah, and I slept some too. If you are still reading this and find it fascinating, you are in need of some serious excitement in your life! Try staying up past 9:30pm... Seriously though, my life is so freaking uneventful I don't really find it necessary to blog or blab about it. It's really not "uneventful", there is plenty of stuff going on and lots of stuff to do, but it's not exciting and I really don't have any interesting stories to tell.

Well, alright, you twisted my arm. I think this is funny, you guys might or not, but do I care...not really. I was working on this artwork for a t-shirt and my mom walks up behind me. This makes me nervous since she was my boss for a while. I'm now goofing around with different elements, secretly waiting for it...here it comes...
"It looks good..."
Wait for it...waaait for it...
"BUT, it needs something."
AH HA! I knew it! The phone rings...it's for me, saved by the ring. But no, she keeps going. Mind you while I'm on the phone with a friend, she says, "You need to make it pop." She's set herself up...
"You mean it needs some pizazz, it needs more flair?"
"Yeah", she says.
"So the minimum 15 pieces aren't enough?"
Internally I'm thinking, she's only seen this movie twice, she's never going to get the "Office Space" reference. Meanwhile, my friend is dying laughing on the phone.
She says, to my surprise, "Do you want to do the minimum or do you want to express yourself?"
I was totally impressed...my mom ROCKS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked. I read. And I even stayed up till four last night! You must be doing something right. The alternative isn't pretty.